Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Stillwater Dwellings. We are an energetic, young company always on the lookout for smart, talented people to join our team. Current open positions are listed below.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. Only candidates being considered for the position will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Operations Manager- Estimating, Pricing, Production and Pre-Construction
Stillwater Dwellings is a residential design firm specializing in high-end prefabricated contemporary homes. We are seeking a full time Operations Manager to lead and be in charge of estimating, pricing, production and pre-construction for our projects. The ideal candidate will have 5 + years of experience in construction management and/or construction administration as well as a strong technical background in custom residential design. Candidates should also have superior written, communications and organizational skills.
We are looking for an ambitious individual with a strong drive and work ethic to learn, improve and grow with us. This is an in-house position with limited travel to job sites.
- Management and coordination of all projects from schematic estimating to pre-production and fulfillment
- Provide and oversee client, general contractor and consultant communication while in construction phase
- Manage and negotiate all vendor relations, pricing and contracts with materials and transportation suppliers
- Provide and review take-offs for materials ordering
- Provide accurate and up to date materials pricing for projects
- Review Submittals and Shop Drawings
- Order materials and execute all logistics for production and transportation of materials to job site
- Manage and analyze complex logistics of project timelines and schedules
- Ensure quality control of materials and shipping manifest protocols
- Provide internal documentation for all check requests, accounts payable and materials credits
- Track all materials, transportation and other project costs while in construction phase to ensure all projects stay within budget
- Manage warranty and damaged materials claims
- Conduct builder training meetings and hold regular client/builder meetings
- Monitor customer satisfaction and serve as primary communicator to resolve issues and ensure mutually beneficial relationship with clients
- Meet with and provide reporting to design and management teams
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from accredited institution in Construction Management or Architecture
- 5 + years of experience in construction project management, construction administration and/or construction operations
- Ability and experience in using gantt chart software for critical path management, communication and scheduling purposes
- Experience with cost management, material takeoffs and project costing
- Experience with Mitek or similar CAD/CAM or 3d software
- Strong ability to read and understand construction drawings, shop drawings and project documents to ensure accuracy
- Proven ability to communicate, both in writing and verbally to interdepartmental teams, clients and vendors on the status, timeline, scheduling and budget of all projects
- Ability to effectively prepare and present appropriate information and respond to questions from management and clients as well as potential clients
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures and equipment
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to bond with team members, clients, builders and vendors
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, responsibility and a work ethic to fulfill commitments