Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Stillwater Dwellings. We are an energetic, young company always on the lookout for smart, talented people to join our team. Current open positions are listed below.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line. Only candidates being considered for the position will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Salary is commensurate with experience.
ARCHITECT – CONSTRUCTION ADMINISTRATION
Stillwater Dwellings is a residential design firm specializing in high-end prefabricated contemporary homes. We are seeking a full time Construction Administration focused Architect with 10+ years of experience to add to our growing design and production teams. The ideal candidate should have extensive construction administrative experience and strong technical skills.
This is a senior management position. We are looking for a motivated individual who is organized, communicates well, and demonstrates a high level of professionalism. We are a growing company and need someone to join our leadership team. The ability to clearly communicate and interact with Stillwater staff, Stillwater vendors, Stillwater Clients, and Site Contractors is very important.
PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Working knowledge of code compliance (zoning and building), fire resistive requirements, egress
- Structural consultant document coordination and review
- Processing and reviewing contractor submittals of shop drawings, product data, and samples
- Observing construction work for general conformance to drawings and specifications
- Evaluating contract requests for payment
- Handling requests for changes during construction
- Addressing and resolving disagreements between the owner and contractor
- Administering the completion and closeout process for the owner
- Understand and articulate how to solve unusual or complex issues
- Working knowledge of stick-built wood construction standards and panelization techniques is a major plus
- Knowledge of computer software, including AutoCAD, MS Office and Windows
- Knowledge of project management software, Smartsheet, is a plus.
- Knowledge of Revit, is a major plus.
- Knowledge of MiTek or Alpine panelization software, is a plus.
- Coordinate Stillwater pricing and construction sets with Stillwater vendor shop drawings
- Perform and/or oversee others performing material take-offs and quantity estimates
- Itemize and/or oversee others itemizing job costing from Stillwater Vendor proposals
- Coordinate construction schedules with Stillwater Vendors and Site Contractors
- Prepare and/or oversee others in the preparation of purchase orders, change orders, and credit memos in conjunction with Stillwater Accountant
- Prepare and/or review panel shop drawings, framing package submittals, sheet metal shop drawings, plate steel shop drawings, exterior siding and trim package submittals, window schedules and shops, and door and door hardware schedules and shops with an extremely critical eye
- Provide contractor training seminars regarding Stillwater Construction methods and components
- Manage client and builder relationships during project buildout, as we rely on customer recommendations and repeat builders to continue our growth and success
- Observe and identify areas of potential process, service, and product improvement
- Accredited professional degree in Architecture (Bachelors or Masters of Architecture)
- Although licensure is not required it is highly preferred. Licensure demonstrates that a candidate has a strong understanding of the building industry along with the roles and responsibilities of all parties involved.
- 10+ years of experience, much of which should be acting as Construction Administrator
- Must be proficient in Auto CAD; working knowledge of Revit is a major plus
- Must have highly developed written as well as interpersonal skills
- LEED Accreditation is a plus
Please send cover letter, resume and samples of work to email@example.com with Construction Administration – Architect in the subject line. We will acknowledge the receipt of your information, but due to the volume of resumes received, only candidates being considered for a position will be contacted. Salary is commensurate with experience.
OPERATIONS MANAGER – ESTIMATING, PRICING, PRODUCTION AND PRE-CONSTRUCTION
Stillwater Dwellings is a residential design firm specializing in high-end prefabricated contemporary homes. We are seeking a full time Operations Manager to lead and be in charge of estimating, pricing, production and pre-construction for our projects. The ideal candidate will have 5 + years of experience in construction management and/or construction administration as well as a strong technical background in custom residential design. Candidates should also have superior written, communications and organizational skills.
We are looking for an ambitious individual with a strong drive and work ethic to learn, improve and grow with us. This is an in-house position with limited travel to job sites.
- Management and coordination of all projects from schematic estimating to pre-production and fulfillment
- Provide and oversee client, general contractor and consultant communication while in construction phase
- Manage and negotiate all vendor relations, pricing and contracts with materials and transportation suppliers
- Provide and review take-offs for materials ordering
- Provide accurate and up to date materials pricing for projects
- Review Submittals and Shop Drawings
- Order materials and execute all logistics for production and transportation of materials to job site
- Manage and analyze complex logistics of project timelines and schedules
- Ensure quality control of materials and shipping manifest protocols
- Provide internal documentation for all check requests, accounts payable and materials credits
- Track all materials, transportation and other project costs while in construction phase to ensure all projects stay within budget
- Manage warranty and damaged materials claims
- Conduct builder training meetings and hold regular client/builder meetings
- Monitor customer satisfaction and serve as primary communicator to resolve issues and ensure mutually beneficial relationship with clients
- Meet with and provide reporting to design and management teams
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from accredited institution in Construction Management or Architecture
- 5 + years of experience in construction project management, construction administration and/or construction operations
- Ability and experience in using gantt chart software for critical path management, communication and scheduling purposes
- Experience with cost management, material takeoffs and project costing
- Experience with Mitek or similar CAD/CAM or 3d software
- Strong ability to read and understand construction drawings, shop drawings and project documents to ensure accuracy
- Proven ability to communicate, both in writing and verbally to interdepartmental teams, clients and vendors on the status, timeline, scheduling and budget of all projects
- Ability to effectively prepare and present appropriate information and respond to questions from management and clients as well as potential clients
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures and equipment
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to bond with team members, clients, builders and vendors
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, responsibility and a work ethic to fulfill commitments