You are here: Home
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Stillwater Dwellings. We are an energetic, young company always on the lookout for smart, talented people to join our team. Current open positions are listed below. For consideration, please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Title: Architect
Location: Seattle, Washington
Stillwater Dwellings a Seattle based residential design company specializing in high–end prefabricated contemporary homes seeks a seasoned architect with strong project management skills to lead the design and operational aspects of their business.
- Programming and initial project research, including code requirements, Zoning Requirements, permit process
- Assure that project vision is carried through all phases of design
- Translate schematic design sketches into tangible design development drawings and construction documents
- Obtaining multiple building and other permits,
- Effectively correspond with and respond to various jurisdiction’s comments and corrections.
- Manage client relationship through phone calls, emails, meetings, meeting minutes, etc.
- Clear communication of client and project goals to the team
- Communicate/resolve project inconsistencies with different professionals
- Manage project time/budget/schedule goals
- Manage resources and outside professionals involved in the project
- Prepare project projections and estimate time requirements
- Lead project team towards common goals
- Identify career goals and actively pursue them
- Keep up to date on current issues and technology through lectures, product research, conferences and other means.
- Take an active interest in Architecture and the design field in general
- Be responsible for your own development. Ask for what you want and search our ways to make your mark on each task you undertake
- Accredited professional degree in Architecture (Bachelors or Masters of Architecture) and appropriate licensing.
- 8-10 years’ experience in high-end, single family residential design
- Must have a thorough understanding of construction methods and means
- Must be proficient in Auto CAD, working knowledge of Revit is a plus.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to observe and identify areas for system and process improvement
- Ability to prepare professional and concise correspondence with team members and consultants
- Must have strong knowledge and experience preparing permit and construction documents
- Must have highly developed written as well as interpersonal skills
- LEED Accreditation is a plus
Submit cover letter, resume and portfolio samples, with indication of your role on the projects submitted, via email only. We will acknowledge receipts of your information, but due to the volume of resumes received, only candidates being considered for a position will be contacted. Salary is commensurate with experience.