Using a systems-built building method, Stillwater Dwellings pre-fab homes on average cost 20-40% less than custom, architect designed, site built homes. The average total project price for a Stillwater home (including architect’s fees, structural engineering fees, foundation design, permit coordination, Stillwater components, builder costs, and interior finishes) ranges from $350-$450/sq. foot. This is a national average. Your site conditions (location, topography, soil conditions, etc.) and choice of finishes will impact the total project cost.
Each project goes through our streamlined three phase process. This process provides cost predictability early in the project–something unusual in the home building industry today. Please contact us to learn more!More Information
What’s Included with a Stillwater Home?
Stillwater offers your choice of two prefab building systems. The modular option provides a complete, traditional modular home prefabricated and finished in a climate-controlled factory and shipped to your building site in “modules” ready for quick assembly. Almost all elements are included, from floor structure to roofing, lighting fixtures to plumbing fixtures, and wood flooring to countertops and setting the home on your prepared foundation.
With the panelized prefab system all major framing components are precision fabricated and assembled in a factory and shipped to the building site. A local contractor does finishing work on site. The price of both systems includes all architecture, structural engineering, and state building permit.
The modular choice provides a nearly completed home shipped to your accessible site. The panelized system offers more flexibility in shipping, design modifications, and finishing options, plus, generally, lower total cost.
Here are just a few of the components included in your Stillwater package. For the full list, please request our What’s Included fact sheet.
Management and Pricing
- Project Managers and architects work closely with you from first question to move-in day
- The Stillwater Three Phase design and construction system clearly defines your project and pricing
Architectural Design and Engineering
- Architectural design including up to 40 hours of custom modifications
- Structural engineering analysis and drawing
- Coordination of state and local building permits
Components and Fabrication
- 2’ x 6’ precision fabricated exterior and interior wall panels
- Roof and floor systems, including all hardware
- Custom fabrication of all provided structural elements in a controlled environment
- Stillwater will assist in locating a qualified General Contractor for the on-site construction portion of the project
- All contractors and subcontractors have access to Stillwater project managers and architects to help resolve questions that arise during construction