Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Stillwater Dwellings. Stillwater Dwellings is a residential design firm specializing in high-end prefabricated contemporary homes. We’re currently working on projects throughout the Pacific Northwest, the Northern California wine country, and beyond. We are an energetic, young company always on the lookout for smart, talented people to join our team. Current open positions are listed below.
ESTIMATOR/SUPPLY CHAIN COORDINATOR
Stillwater Dwellings is an architecture firm specializing in high-end prefabricated contemporary homes. We are seeking a full-time Estimator/Supply Chain Coordinator to add to our growing team. The ideal candidate must have experience with wood frame construction.
- Interact with production coordinators, project architects, engineers and vendors to understand and incorporate project priorities, and meet project quality, quantity, cost and time directives.
- Qualify and evaluate out of state vendors, suppliers, and fabricators for custom / semi-custom home components.
- Prepare detailed quantity take-offs for wood framing components, doors, windows, door hardware, siding, trim, sheet metal, etc., and issue bid requests to appropriate vendors/suppliers for the same.
- Develop and prepare cost estimates from architectural drawings and actual take-offs using historical pricing information and minimal input from vendors and suppliers.
- Qualify proposals and tabulate job costs according to project specifics.
- Coordinate detailed critical path job schedules for material deliveries relative to job-site progress.
- Prepare and manage purchasing schedule for timely issuance of purchase orders taking into account material lead times and delivery deadlines.
- Experience in / knowledge of, custom residential wood frame construction.
- Team player that works well with others and demonstrates a commitment to continuous learning.
- Personable with excellent communication and written skills.
- Knowledge of industry best practices, product options and limitations, material ordering procedures, material finishing, and site logistics.
- Dedicated, well organized, able to plan, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks.
- Detail oriented with the ability to focus on quality, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Total responsibility for their personal workflow and time management in order to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Candidate to be proficient with Excel and the complete Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with estimating software such as: MC2, Timberline/SageCRE, QuickBid, On-Screen Takeoff, etc. is valued but not necessary.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Annual salary of $60-75,000 depending on experience
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plan with employer match
- Annual bonus
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Estimator/Supply Chain Coordinator in the subject line.
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR–CONSTRUCTION SUPPORT
We are seeking a full-time Production Coordinator to add to our growing team.
- Manage and analyze complex logistics of project timelines and schedules.
- Provide and oversee client, general contractor and consultant communications while in construction phase for assigned projects.
- Perform Constructability reviews of permit documents, and shop drawings to insure conformance with SWD’s design intent, delivery process, quality standards and systems methodology.
- Perform and/or review material takeoffs for estimating and/or submittal to vendors for final price quotations.
- Prepare and/or Review Submittals and Shop Drawings for issuance.
- Manage vendor relations and negotiate pricing and contracts for project specific materials.
- Coordinate lead times and order materials considering all logistics for production/fabrication, transportation, offloading, and staging.
- Ensure quality control of documents, materials, shipping manifest, change orders, supplemental field instructions, etc.
- Provide internal documentation for all purchase orders, check requests and accounts payable.
- Track all materials, transportation and other project costs while in construction phase to ensure all projects stay within budget and are delivered on schedule.
- Manage warranty and damaged materials claims
- Conduct builder training meetings and hold regular client/builder meetings
- Monitor customer satisfaction and serve as primary communicator to resolve issues and ensure mutually beneficial relationship with clients
- Meet with and provide progress / status reporting to design and management teams.
- 5 + years of experience in construction project management or construction administration
- Ability and experience in using gantt chart software for critical path management, reporting and scheduling purposes.
- Experience with cost management, material takeoffs and project costing.
- Experience with Autocad, Mitek or similar CAD/CAM or 3d software
- Strong ability to read and understand construction drawings, shop drawings and project documents.
- Proven ability to communicate, both in writing and verbally to interdepartmental teams, clients and vendors on the status, timeline, scheduling and budget of all projects
- Ability to effectively prepare and present appropriate information and respond to questions from management and clients as well as potential clients
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures, equipment and software.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to bond with team members, clients, builders and vendors
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, responsibility and a work ethic to fulfill commitments
Please send cover letter, resume and samples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org with PRODUCTION COORDINATOR in the subject line. Only candidates being considered for a position will be contacted. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Full Benefits package.
We are seeking a full-time Interior Designer with 5+ years of experience to add to our growing design studio team. The ideal
candidate should have both a strong design and technical background. We are looking for an ambitious and independent designer with a strong drive to learn, as well as teach, motivate and inspire other team members.
- Work with the design team to develop standard interior finishes as a basis for all projects
- Organize, update, and maintain a sample material library and database
- Develop and coordinate design, product, and finish specifications for each project
- Draft and create presentation level interior elevations, kitchens, bathrooms and millwork designs
- Work with clients to develop furniture, fixture, and finish plans for custom residences
- Compile material presentation boards
- Create room finish schedules
- Be a resource for clients and the office on products, furniture, fixtures, and finishes
- Coordinate with in-house architects and fabrication team to ensure specified furnishes and fixtures are
coordinated with building plans
- Provide design documents using AutoCAD and 3d presentation software
- Review selected fixtures to ensure compliance with appropriate codes, client guidelines, and project
- Prepare presentations and present designs to clients
- Capably balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Manage client relationships through high-quality written, verbal, and graphical communication.
- Communicate well, both internally and externally.
- Observe, identify and participate in areas of potential process, service, and product improvement
- Advise management of project progress on a regular basis.
- Accredited degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- 5+ years of experience. Much of this experience should be in high-end, modern, single family residential design.
- Must be proficient in Auto CAD, SketchUp, Photoshop and InDesign. Knowledge of Revit is a plus.
- Must have highly developed written as well as interpersonal skills.
Please send cover letter, resume and samples of work to email@example.com with Interior Designer in
the subject line. Due to the volume of resumes received, only candidates being considered for a position will be
contacted. Salary is commensurate with experience.